Feb

Kitchen Table

Author admin    Category LED     Tags

I was looking for a new LED project, by surfin the web I found shift bright led and I idee came to my mind

Shift Brite can be found at macetech

• 80 shift brite LED
  • Real analog random generator
  • RTC to make the table to start and stop at time you want
  • Multiple remote control
  • Romantic / Disco /  Rock look
  • Infinit posibility of color
  • Infinit posibility of patern

Shift brite is very simple to work with,  All the module are connected in serie and you just have to connect those to you MCU SPI port  all the LED will be see like a big shift register, each shift brite are 32 bits register. 10 bit for each color level and 2 config bit, so in my case a shift register of 2560 bit !!

In my table the main MCU  is inside the table close to the first shift brite,  there are 4 remote (each table position) with a LCD and a rotary encoder connected to the main MCU via RS422 network, via the remote you can change patern, speed, and many more option.

If you try to buy a frosted glass of this size and thickness (1/2 inche)  you will pay about 400$, I buy mine from IKEA, it's a glass table with legs, but you can buy only the glass for 80$

Video

Table.pdf

Table Remote.pdf

6 Comments to “Kitchen Table”

• mohammad garazhiyan March 8, 2012 at 8:19 pm

hi sylvain
    this project is veryvery nice too
    m.garazhiyan

• Manjeet May 21, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Hi, your table is excellent…..Manjeet

• Boris August 21, 2012 at 2:18 am

Awesome work!

• mianchen January 6, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Very romantic, love the idea! Too bad I don't have any wood working skills at all, otherwise I'd like to make one.

• admin January 6, 2013 at 4:45 pm

You don’t have a friend that is good in wook working?

• omid attariani February 25, 2013 at 5:21 am

hi
    this project is realy very nice
    good luck